[SUBW-A] Trip This Sunday, Royal National Park

Joe Y.C. Li, a Beacon in an Otherwise Dark and Stormy Night ycli at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 26 00:18:30 AEDT 2000

g'day everyone:

i am not going to coffs harbour this weekend :-(, and there seems to be a bit of interest in a tramp this weekend.  so let there be one this sunday 25/10.

(for those uninitiated linguistically, tramp = bushwalk (using the legs, hopefully)

we'll explore the southern end of royal national park.  this is an area of cliffs towering above the ocean and surf/swim beaches.  last time i was there there was interesting vegetation (rain forest).  good views down the south coast to wollongong.

it will be an easy and relaxing trip as i don't plan to bushcrash.  so beginners welcome.  bring your togs in case the sun is shinning and the sea is just begging for a swim.  (translation: tog = towel)

we will catch public transport to and from otford (pray...).  the train to catch makes limited stops at:

martin place 8:40 am
central 8:44
hurstville 9:02
sutherland 9:12
waterfall 9:24
helensburg 9:33
otford 9:40

meet in the last carriage of the train.  if you're driving, meet at otford station at 9:40 am.

we plan to catch the train back and will arrive at central at 5:14 pm.

that's all.  reply to this e-mail or ring me on 9845-9070 (day), 9636-5737 (evening) if you're interested.  see you there on sunday!

***** Cheers! *****

Joe Li BTramp MTramp(Hons) TrampD FRACTramp

Homo hooligans fjordlandis
Graduate Tramping Program
Leukaemia Tramping Group
Westmead Institute for Tramping Research
Uneeverseetee of Seednee, Oztralya