[SUBW-A] Barrington Tops advice appreciated

Ray Ross ray_ross at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 16 22:31:25 AEDT 2002

I'm planning to walk from Lagoon Pinch to Wombat Creek/Junction Pools (and return) in a few weeks. I'd much appreciate if you have advice on the following items that I can't seem to find answers for:
____________________
Is there fairly clean water along this route during January? The map shows lots of streams but no one has confirmed for us that they are not dry ones.
What is the best spot (scenery/ambiance) to camp for the night in this area...Wombat Creek?  Junction Pools?  Big Hole?  Other?
Are there any "don't miss" highlights along the walk mentioned?
Is there a good camping spot in the Dungog--Lagoon Pinch area where we can camp the night before starting the track? We're arriving at sunset and it would be great if we could avoid camping in a holiday park even though we need a spot that is quick to get to by car.

Any other advice you have about bushwalking/camping in this area would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ray