[SUBW-A] a few things

Richard Wood rwood at Physics.usyd.edu.au
Wed May 8 12:36:12 AEST 2002

Hi everyone,
a few random things coming up...

a) On the last weekend in july, there is a marathon type event involving
cycling/mountain biking, running/'mountain running' and canoeing (skiing
was canned this year :( Its called WildTrek, or the Omeo winter classic,
and there has been a tradition of a group of Syd uni people going down to
it, usually associated with the canoe club. If anyone is interested in
going in it this year, please get in touch. Usually usyd does it in teams
of between 4 and 8, although you can do the whole thing yourself, with or
without a partner if you want. the pdf info files are on the web at
http://www.usyd.edu.au/susu/canoe  (under trips). Closing date for entries
isn't that far away...so get in touch.

b) Mountain designs is having a "mega club sale day" in which they are
trying to woo clubs in to liking them. They are doing this by offering 20%
off to everything in store (just to club members i assume..). I think we'd
like them more if they just gave us stuff..  Its on Tuesday 21st May, 9am-8pm.
         ·       20% OFF EVERY THING IN STORE (Current SALE items and
SPECIALS excluded)
         ·       By attending the Clubs MEGA Sale Day at our Mountain
Designs stores you have an opportunity to become a member for life. Renew
your     membership      for $11 and Mountain Designs will reward you with
a life membership to the Alliance.(*Special one (1) day offer only)
         ·       NEW WINTER 02 PRODUCTS IN STORE NOW!
         ·       Lucky Door Prize: $1000 Winter Clothing Pack* (*NB:
Selected Winter Clothing for 2 adults and 2 children. One (1) prize winner
per state.)

c) The OXFAM trailwalker is coming up, and I know there was a bit of
interest in the club, but a team wasn't able to be entered. However, if
you'd still like to get involved, they are asking for people to help out on
the environmental side of things, which is great, cause these kind of
events can have a significant impact on the environment if not done right.
Anyway, just thought i'd pass it on.

cheers,
Richard