[SUBW-A] Navigation Day - Saturday 18th May

Marcelle Gannon marcelle.gannon at altium.com.au
Mon May 13 09:41:32 AEST 2002

Hi all,

Following the success of the practice-practice day yesterday, the practice
navigation day next Saturday should be a lot of fun.  It will take place at
Burralow Swamp, near Kurrajong.  The area was burnt in the recent fires and
is starting to regenerate quite well - it's worth coming along just to see
this!  We will go to an awesome lookout over the Grose River later in the
day.  So whether you want to learn to navigate, brush up on your skills or
just go for a nice day's walk, come along.  We'll be leaving Sydney at about
8 - 8:30am.  I'll arrange transport once I know where you all live and where
you can get to easily. People with 4WDs are especially welcome.

You don't need much gear for this trip, but I do recommend you each bring a
compass, preferably your own.  You can buy them from bushwalking shops for
around $20 - 30.  Recycled Recreation at Sydney Uni has some in stock.  Long
pants or a pair of gaiters are good for the easy scrub bashing, and old
clothes are recommended because there's quite a lot of soot around from the
fires.

Please give me a call (0409 799 095) or send me an email to confirm you're
coming and to arrange transport.

Marcelle.