[SUBW-A] climbing club dinner with Athol Whimp

Asaph Widmer-Cooper a.widmer at chem.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 19 10:32:19 AEST 2002

Hi,

If anyone's at all interested in nature and the chance to hear an amazing
mountaineer and climber speak about his adventures then come along to the
annual climbing club dinner. It's pretty rare that Athol Whimp gives talks
and I'm told that they're worth attending for his amazing photography alone.

All this plus a 3 course meal, jazzband and an excuse for some fun all for
$40 (or $35 if you're a member of the club). Tickets can be purchased from
me, other club executives or at the Ledge. It's also possible to order
tickets by phone (see http://www.climbing.soc.usyd.edu.au/ and click on the
Annual Dinner info link for more information). Tickets will have to be
bought by Monday (Sep 23), as we need to confirm numbers in advance, so
don't wait until the last minute.

Basically the info is:

Who:   you, your friends, other climbers, Athol Whimp and a jazz band
What:  food, drink, fun and a personally narrated slide show on Athol
climbing really big mountains in Nepal
When:  7pm, Wed 25 Sept 2002
Where:  Rydges, Missended Rd, Camperdown
Why:  because climbers love eating and looking at pictures of other climbers

cheers,
asaph

Asaph Widmer-Cooper        a.widmer at chem.usyd.edu.au
Ph.D. Candidate
School of Chemistry F11
University of Sydney       Ph (61) 2  9351 4813
Sydney NSW 2006            Fax  (61) 2 9351 3329