[SUBW-A] Ski touring postponed to 31 Jul-1 Aug

Ashley Burke aburke at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jul 15 20:23:17 AEST 2004

Hi all,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to postpone this weekend's ski touring trip
once more. The weekend weather looks great for more snow but pretty bad for
anyone actually in it at the time. So the trip will be postponed to the
weekend of 31 Jul - 1 Aug.

There are only 1 or 2 places left on the trip. Details of the trip are same
as previously advertised namely ...

We will do the long drive down to the snow on Friday night and return Sunday
night. We will need to carry tents, stoves, food and everything needed for
snow camping, and we will aim to do this as far away from downhill resorts
as we can get.

You will need to be fit and committed to full days of skiing with minimal
faffing around. You will need to come prepared with all necessary equipment
and food, with the exception of skis, boots and poles which can be hired on
the way down late on Friday night. The idea is to ski, ski, ski and we won't
be wasting time doing anything else, except on Saturday night when we retire
to our tents when it gets dark to enjoy appropriate restorative beverages.

Let me know if interested.

Ashley Burke
Phone: +61 2 9476 3531
Mobile : 0414 633 315