[SUBW-A] Ski touring, 3-4 Jul

Ashley Burke aburke at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 22 19:32:10 AEST 2004

Hi all,

On the weekend of 3-4 Jul I am hoping to do a ski touring trip, provided
weather and snow conditions are favourable.

We will do the long drive down to the snow on Friday night and return Sunday
night. The intention is to ski on the Main Range both days. We will need to
carry tents, stoves, food and everything needed for snow camping, and we
will aim to do this as far away from downhill resorts as we can get.

There are a small number of places available. You will need to be fit and
committed to full days of skiing with minimal faffing around. You will need
to come prepared with all necessary equipment and food, with the exception
of skis, boots and poles which can be hired on the way down late on Friday
night. The idea is to ski, ski, ski and we won't be wasting time doing
anything else, except on Saturday night when we retire to our tents when it
gets dark to enjoy appropriate restorative beverages.

Of course, Hughie will have the final say. If the snow or weather do not
look good, the trip may be cancelled at short notice. If this happens, there
will be an overnight bushwalk instead.

Let me know if interested.

Ashley Burke
Phone: +61 2 9476 3531