[SUBW-A] Ski trip to Jagungal this weekend, 19-20 Jul
aburke at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 14 21:25:57 AEST 2008
Provided the weather and snow conditions are suitable, I am considering a
weekend ski trip to Jagungal this weekend.
Depart Sydney: Friday evening 18 Jul
Return Sydney: Sunday evening 20 Jul
Route: Guthega Power station to the summit of Jagungal and back.
This is a serious ski trip for very fit and experienced cross country skiers
only. At this point there is only a 50/50 chance of the trip going ahead. It
will depend a lot on what the weather holds.
All of the following prerequisites are mandatory:
- You must be an experienced ski tourer. This is cross country ski touring,
not yo-yo skiing. That is, the distances to be covered are something between
bushwalking and mountain biking.
- You must be very fit. That is, you must think nothing of climbing 800
vertical metres on skis, over a horizontal distance of 10km, be able to do
that in 3 hours and then keep going.
- You must have in your possession or be prepared to hire the right type of
skis and gear for the trip. That is, ski touring skis not yo-yo skis.
- You accept that the trip may be cancelled last minute if the weather and
snow aren't right.
- You are ok with starting early, skiing all day, with the only stop being
for a decent lunch, and then skiing on during the afternoon, maybe until
Sorry for the strict prerequisites but this weekend might be my only
opportunity for a ski trip this year.
For more info see
photos and a write-up of the same trip done last year.
Mobile: 0414 633 315
Email: aburke at ozemail.com.au
Web page: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~aburke
More information about the SUBW