[SUBW-A] Trip Report: Wilf Hilder memorial: plus a detour down Walls Pass

Tim Vollmer tim.vollmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:12:40 AEST 2011

G'day all,
Mitch, T1 and myself attended the memorial service for legendary bushwalker Wilf Hilder on Sunday (if you've ever climbed Walls Pass, walked on the route through the catchment between Mittagong and Katoomba, or done tracks like Lindeman Pass or Bruce's Walk, you have Wilf largely to thank for it!)
T1 and I also did some exploration of camp caves on Narrowneck, before doing a fairly epic tribute detour down Walls Pass and across Cedar Creek.
I've written up a trip report about both the memorial, and our extra walking, which also includes a bit more info on Wilf's significance to fellow bushwalkers. There's also plenty of photos of a stunning clear spring day in the bush!

Trip report: http://fatcanyoners.org/2011/09/04/wilf-hilder-memorial/

Tim Vollmer
Mob: 0404 273 313
Email: tim.vollmer at gmail.com