[SUBW-A] Non-trip report - Wondabyne & Brooklyn - Hawkesbury River, Sunday Sept 25

Bruce Stafford bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
Tue Sep 27 13:37:09 AEST 2011

Non-trip report - Wondabyne and Brooklyn Sunday Sept 25.

Party: Bruce, Chee, Lia, Trang,George,Chris.

The Sunday morning of the walk arrived without it having rained for
many hours on the Central Coast, and although still quite overcast it
looked like the walk was still feasible.
Nevertheless, just as my train from the north arrived at Wondabyne
station, the rain started, right on cue, and by the time the train
from Sydney arrived, it had become heavier.
A decision was made then to wait it out at least until the next
Sydney- bound train came in half an hour, and if the rain had not let
up, to abandon the walk and go to Brooklyn for a coffe and morning tea
before returning to Sydney.

The rain did not let up (and in fact rained non-stop on the Central
Coast for the next 18 hours). Therefore we caught the next Sydney
bound train, got off at Hawkesbury River and made our way to the
Brooklyn Marina for coffee and snacks and to dry out.
After an hour's rest we returned to the Railway and made our own ways
back to our (hopefully dry) homes.

Thanks to those who braved the bad weather, and I hope to repeat the
walk (to Pearl Beach that is) in a few weeks - will keep you posted.

Meanwhile I am hoping to do a weekend walk involving a day at the
beach at Myall Lakes soon.

Bruce Stafford