[SUBW-A] Bundeena to Otford- 3/4 December

Catherine Stansbury stansbuc at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 27 16:35:47 AEST 2011

Hi Guys

I know this one is a little way off, but unfortunately due to the popularity of the campsite it is essential to book NOW!!!!

I am planning to meet at Cronulla ferry terminal (not far from the train station) and catch the ferry to Bundeena on the morning of Saturday 3rd December.

The first day will be the longer of the two, camping at North Era Beach. On the second day we will continue walking down to Otford and catch the train and ferry back to Cronulla. The entire walk is 27km long, but as we are splitting it into two days it should be a fairly easy walk.

You will need to carry all of your own food and drinking water for the two days. You will also need a tent. If you do not have a tent then we may be able to arrange sharing or you can contact the SUBW Gear Officer and arrange to borrow any required equipment.

We are not able to have an open fire at the campsite, so if you want to cook food you will need to bring a stove- but this could change depending on fire restrictions.

It will cost $5 /person as a camping permit to camp at North Era Beach, plus train and ferry fares.

I will be limiting this trip to 8 participants (first in first served). If you are committed to attending this weekend please email me either tonight or tomorrow. I intend booking numbers with the National Park on Thursday morning.

Hope to hear from you soon

Cathy Stansbury
0437 032 662