[SUBW-A] New trip: World Parks Congress Idea Storming Evening at the Flodge (10/04/2014)

Sierra Classen scla4121 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sun Apr 6 18:26:19 AEST 2014

*World Parks Congress Idea Storming Evening at the Flodge*

Date:10/04/2014
Leader:Sierra Classen
Email:[LINK: mailto:scla4121 at uni.sydney.edu.au?subject=World Parks Congress
Idea Storming Evening at the Flodge] scla4121 at uni.sydney.edu.au
website:http://subw.kseiler.de/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=294
The shorter story:

In honour of the recent weather, I would like to invite you personally
to...
A World Parks Congress Brain Storming Evening at the Flodge, 5:30pm this
Thursday.

Here is the link to the World Parks Congress website:
http://worldparkscongress.org.au/

This is the only trip where I will cross my fingers for some earth
shattering lightning and thunder--lightning inspiration and tumbling ideas
with the quaking thunder, torrential rain, gets you in the mood for think
tanking

Sign up here, even to simply partake in the magic markers and mighty paper.

The longer story:

Hi SUBWalkers

The World Parks Congress is coming up this year in November, some of you
will be aware. Keith Muir mentioned that we might want to send a delegation
to it when he spoke at the BBQ and slide night a couple of Mondays ago.

This Thursday, the 10th of April at 5:30pm, I'd like to have an in person
think tank meeting with the aim of finding some really interesting
activities, demonstrations or other contributions we might be able to throw
together.

The guy who's organising this massive event has sent me some more
information on how we might get involved in the conference, but he's
basically asking if we want to participate in some way, which we can make
up ourselves. You can follow this link to find the roles the conference is
looking to fill. They look like fantastic opportunities in themselves.

http://worldparkscongress.org/involved/call_for_roles.html

Is anyone interested in going to the conference? Have a read of the website
in general and join this trip or email me with an expression of interest.

For me, ideas are already crowding in, so when we all get together with
some Flodge beer, some big sheets of paper and some felt pens and stuff,
imagine what crazy plans we could hatch!! There are so many exciting events
we could have. This is an incredible opportunity for SUBW. There are so
many of us in SUBW, and so many ways we might participate, so don’t
hesitate to shout out if you are the least bit interested, even if you just
want to help with spinning ideas.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

http://subw.kseiler.de/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=294] trip