[SUBW-A] New trip: Barrington Tops weekend walk (replaces fri-sun walk) (18/10/2014 - 19/10/2014)

Bruce Stafford bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
Tue Oct 14 09:44:08 AEDT 2014

*Barrington Tops weekend walk (replaces fri-sun walk)*

Date:18/10/2014 - 19/10/2014
Leader:Bruce Stafford
Email:[LINK: mailto:bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au?subject=Barrington Tops
weekend walk (replaces fri-sun walk)] bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
website:http://subw.kseiler.de/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=376
Barrington Tops weekend walk (replaces fri-sun walk -previously posterd.

The walk along the Corker Track in the Barrington Tops National Park is
just a bit too far for a day walk - (unless you left at 6am and got back at
midnight!), so I am proposing to drive up to Salisbury on saturday morning,
then do the 10 km walk up to Carey's Peak. Overnight camp there or in Selby
Alley Hut. Then 10km back down, and return back to Sydney by early sunday
evening.
The numbers will be limited both by how many cars can come, and also
because it is a World Heritage Area.
You will need to have reasonable fitness but overnight camping experience
is not necessary.
The Corker Track rises 950 metres in a distance of 10km and the grade is
not even - some parts are steeper than 1 in 10. You will, however, only
need one dinner and one breakfast to carry up, as well as sleeping bag.
It is unlikely to snow at this time of year on Carey's Peak but it could be
a bit cool at almost 1600 metres elevation.

You will need food for 1 breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. Can get a
lunch at Dungog on sunday if you want that as an alternative. Good shoes
also. And at least 1.5 L water.

Serious applicants only of course - if you are a "no-show" or last minute
pull-out on a trip with restricted places in cars you will be in deep
do-do!
Similarly, if you have been a "no-show" on my past walks - that is, not
turned up and not spoken to me, then you can't be considered.

Also, I won't be allocating spots on a "first-come-first served" basis. You
may not get your confirmation of a place for a few days.

Meeting up arrangements will con advised once your spot is confirmed, but
you need to be aware that you need to be leaving Sydney by 7.15pm on
friday.

If you need equipment let me know as I may be able to supply a tent or two.
If you need sleeping bags the Club may have some for loan.

http://subw.kseiler.de/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=376] trip