[SUBW-A] New trip: Tuesday Rock Climbing (10/02/2015)

Felix Ossig-Bonanno felixrulz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:55:20 AEDT 2015

*Tuesday Rock Climbing*

Date:10/02/2015
Leader:Felix Ossig-Bonanno
Email:[LINK: mailto:felixrulz at hotmail.com?subject=Tuesday Rock Climbing]
felixrulz at hotmail.com
website:http://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=421
If you can't make it tonight, there is always climbing next week! Tuesday
is SUBW climbing night! This is at the uni rock climbing gym 'The Ledge'.
Lot's of cool people will be there. If you haven't climbed before, don't
worry. There are climbs for all sorts of experience levels and all
musculatures. There's bouldering (basically shorter climbs without ropes or
harnesses) available upstairs, if you want to try something new. If you
don't have a harness and don't mind tape harnesses, rather than the Ledge's
fancy padded ones, SUBW has a bunch of harnesses and 5 chalk bags in the
gear locker. For insurance reasons you have to be signed up to this trip in
order to be eligible for the harnesses. I'm not sure how easy it will be
for me to get club gear, but if you need anything leave a note when you
sign up and I will try to sort it out (worst case you can hire gear there).
If you don't need gear you probs don't need to sign up - just come along :)
As for a climbing partner, if you don't have one, we have a facebook page
for just this purpose. https://www.facebook.com/groups/241097436065217/. It
can be a really easy way to find a partner, otherwise we can try and pair
you up on the night. Remember to bring $6 for entry (let Pete at the
counter know you are with SUBW) and sandshoes or you can hire climbing
shoes there for $4 - if you get into climbing you'll prob want to get your
own shoes ;)

http://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=421] trip