[SUBW-A] SUBW Calendar Photo Comp - Deadline EXTENSION!!

Kaushalya Madugalle k.madugalle at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 16 12:38:39 AEDT 2015

Hi guys,
I'm sure you've all heard about our calendar photography competition by now. We've had a healthy stream of submissions, so thanks to everyone who have entered already. To give another chance to those who haven't had the time so far, we've decided to extend the submission date to the 31st October 2015 :)

Photos can be related to all things outdoors but must fall into one of the following themes:
   - Landscapes
   - Wildlife
   - Plants
   - Night sky
   - Action - This is the only category that permits shots of people. The photos will be judged based on what the people are doing rather than who's in it. People do not have to be nude.

How to enter: Please email your photos (up to a maximum of 3) to subw.competitions at gmail.com by 31st October. Note that you cannot submit 3 photos for each theme. The photos must be high quality jpegs. Specifically, they should be landscape and have a minimum of 300 ppi for an 8'' x 11'' print (approx size of an A4 page). So basically we are looking at photos taken from an 8MP camera as a minimum.  Each filename should be in the following format: theme_photonumber_firstname_lastname.extension (for eg. landscapes_1_john_smith.jpeg). Please also give a small description of each photo (what it is/where it was taken, etc) in your email.  Note that by submitting your photos, you are giving SUBW permission to use them in the calendar/website/advertising. Recognition will be given in the calendar and all other places when possible.
Selection: Initial judging will be done by the committee to select the top 24 photos. These will then be put up for voting by our members and the top 12 will be chosen as the winners. Each winner will receive a free calendar. Important notes:1. The photos can be taken during a SUBW trip or a private trip.2. The photos MUST be taken by a current SUBW member (as of 31st October).3. The photos can be taken both in Australia and overseas.  If you have any questions, please email subw.competitions at gmail.com. We look forward to receiving your awesome photos!
 Happy snapping and press on regardless! - The SUBW committee