[SUBW-A] New trip: Serendipity and Water Dragon canyons

Leo l.garnac at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:05:00 AEDT 2015

Serendipity and Water Dragon canyons
Date:31/10/2015
Leader:Leo Garnac
Email:l.garnac at gmail.com
website:http://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=620

It's been a while since I did my last canyon near Mt Wilson and they are
still many canyons I want to see.

The plan would be to start around 9am, do Serendipity on the way to the
Wollangambe then reverse it for a few hundreds meters and go up the other
side to do Water Dragon.

The water is still cold and we will have to swim a bit so you must take a
wet-suit for this trip.

To join this trip you should have experience abseiling, the longest one
should be about 20m and some abseils have an overhang start. You should
also be able to go up hill from the Wollangambe twice. If you don't have
your own gear to abseil (helmet, harness, descender, etc) you should be
able to get it from the club. The gear night is usually on Thursday.

There will be some track work this weekend and the easier way to come may
be by car. People with a car who can take other people will have priority.

I will be sleeping at Cathedral of Fern camp ground (Fri and Sat) and in
case you prefer to come by train on Friday night I could pick you up at
Bell train station.