[SUBW] New trip: Cross Country Ski Trip - 7 Days full lodging inside Alpine National Park, VIC for only $425 (09/09/2017 - 16/09/2017)

Rebecca Hawkins rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Thu Aug 3 16:24:32 AEST 2017

Date:09/09/2017 - 16/09/2017
Leader:Rebecca Hawkins
Email:[LINK: mailto:rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au?subject=Cross Country Ski
Trip - 7 Days full lodging inside Alpine National Park, VIC for only $425]
rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1113
***Please note, if you are a beginner skiier, you should also join the
Beginner's Ski Weekend next weekend, if you want to do this trip***
(https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetails.php?tripid=1128)

Have you ever wanted to learn new skiing skills, or, to improve your
Nordic, or, cross country skiing?

For 7 continuous days, do you like the idea of living and skiing inside
Victorian High Country, Alpine National Park (A.N.P), surrounded constantly
by the snow?

If "yes", you should love this cross-country ski trip, that Tony and I are
co-leading. It is simply an awesome trip. The scenery are just stunningly,
fluidly changes with weather and time.

The accommodation is at Bogong Rover Chalet (B.R.C), 12km from Falls Creek,
a 2nd largest commercial ski resort in Victoria. Mount Bogong is the
highest mountain in Victoria. From the door steps of the Chalet, you will
be able to: scurry out in different directions, practice and learn more
skiing skills, high up and inside A.N.P.

This trip includes: 7 days skiing and self catering, accommodation, food,
beverages, transportation from Tawonga to Falls Creek, then, 6 days later
we will catch the same bus from Falls Creek back to Tawonga, unlimited use
of a dedicated ski tow at the Chalet, ...etc. It is run by highly skilled,
helpful, locally knowledgeable and very responsible Victorian Scouts
Members, VSM. We should be safe with them, on snow as well as off snow.

Daily, there will be different ski trips out to various places for
different skiing abilities. You also can learn new ski skills from VSM as
well, so there are opportunities for all levels, from beginner to advanced.

At the top of the ski tow there are some areas for back country skiing.
Near the chalet, there are also some (ungroomed) areas for downhill skiing,
but mostly very steep, and more suitable for intermediate and advanced
skiers. Optionally, you may ski back to Falls Creek, 12km, and buy a
commercial lift pass, and join in with other downhill tourist skiers.

Everyone is required to help the organisers to carry extra fresh meats and
vegetable, of which were already paid by all of us, inside each of our
backpack, for all of us to consume in that 7 days. At the BRC, since May
2017, There is a big groceries storeroom, which has all other dried, canned
etc foods. There will also be some sharing of basic daily duties in the
Chalet to keep us clean and healthy. You will have opportunities to
learn/practice, daily, to make fresh breads, pizzas, cakes and many other
dishes, then bake, or cook them in a wood fired, or gas ovens.

A higher level of fitness if preferable. In order to fully enjoy this trip,
at least, you must be able to run slowly, non stop, for 30 minutes on dirt
tracks. You will need to re-fresh, or acquire your skiing skills, as you
must be able to ski and carrying your backpack of about 10 to 12 kilograms,
from Falls Creek to the chalet, about 13km. Your pack will have some of the
foods that we all will share at the Chalet.

We are aiming to book and paid by 20th Aug, before it is is sold out. So,
if you are interested, please, just sign up, then contact me as soon as you
can. Please check out at website bogongroverchalet.org.au. Anyone is
welcome to join this trip. We can send you a link to photos of BRC and its
scenery, including more details after you have signed up.

Cheers,

Tony and Rebecca

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1113] trip