[SUBW] New trip: Mt Victoria to Mt York & return (27/08/2017)

Bruce Stafford bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
Fri Aug 18 14:07:01 AEST 2017

*Mt Victoria to Mt York & return*

Date:27/08/2017
Leader:Bruce Stafford
Email:[LINK: mailto:bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au?subject=Mt Victoria to Mt York
& return] bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1145
Mt Victoria-Mt York & return; Sunday August 27.

This trip is on the western edge of the Blue Mountains and includes the
historic first road over the Mountains (1815).
It is a mixture of tracks which are mostly well formed, and includes a
climb up along the original Cox's road which should be manageable by a fit
beginner.
The walk is about 12km long.
The area was affected by the bushfires in late 2013 so there will be
regenerating plants.
Excellent views from Mt York.
Also a good chance to see some wild animals (for the international
students).

As Mt Victoria Station is over 2 hours by train from Sydney, it will mean
the early (but not too early!) train. That way we can be back in Sydney
that night by 6.30pm or 7pm.
What to bring:
Lunch, 1.5 Litres water, good shoes, and a rain cover just in case.
The weather forecast is for "partly cloudy" (Lithgow). It will probably not
get above 10 degrees C (and the very early morning temperature will be 0
degrees!) so you will need warm clothes. Probably won't snow but you never
know on the Blue Mountains!.

Only put your name down if you seriously intend to come.

Meeting place and times will be sent to you once you sign up.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1145] trip