[SUBW] New trip: “Beginner’s Canyoning Trip” Better Offer Canyon (24/09/2017)

Andrew John Walker lordawalker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 17:32:57 AEST 2017

*“Beginner’s Canyoning Trip” Better Offer Canyon*

Date:24/09/2017
Leader:Andrew John Walker
Email:[LINK: mailto:lordawalker at gmail.com?subject=“Beginner’s Canyoning
Trip” Better Offer Canyon] lordawalker at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1147
“Beginner’s Canyoning Trip” Better Offer Canyon

Sunday 24th September 2017

Note: This trip isn't full it is closed till after O’Day to allow new
members the chance to join.

For safety reasons, and the quality of the trip, this trip's itinerary is
weather dependant. So, the dates can be changed if the forecast doesn’t
look promising.

Numbers will be limited depending on how many people who have cars are able
to come.

Experienced members who are willing to assist me to look after other
members are more than welcome to join.

You will get wet up to your waist in one of the Pools on this trip but
apart from that it is mostly dry.

The items to bring are: Helmet, Harness, Descender, Carabiner, Daypack,
Thermals, Food, Water, Shoes with good grip such as Dunlop Volleys, Head
torch.

Also bring a spare change of clothes and shoes to be left in the car.

Please don’t wear cotton material when doing a canyon trip as it isn’t
quick drying fabric and won’t keep you warm when the clothing is wet.

You can borrow equipment from the gear locker at the University. To obtain
the equipment for this trip if you don’t own any, log into SUBW's
website, and go to "walks programme", then, sign on to the trip, namely
"Gear Night Thursday”, then contact the gear officer with a list of
equipment you need.

Your name n telephone will be listed for the purpose of organising car
pool. Any objection please let me know. People with cars, who are willing
to take others, will be given top preference to join the trip.

More details after signing up. Thank you

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1147] trip