[SUBW] New trip: Long Gully Canyon Bungonia (03/09/2017)

Andrew John Walker lordawalker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:52:22 AEST 2017

*Long Gully Canyon Bungonia*

Date:03/09/2017
Leader:Andrew John Walker
Email:[LINK: mailto:lordawalker at gmail.com?subject=Long Gully Canyon
Bungonia] lordawalker at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1150
Long Gully Canyon Bungonia National Park

Sunday 3rd September 2017

For safety reasons, and the quality of the trip, this trip's itinerary is
weather dependant. So, the dates can be changed if the forecast doesn’t
look promising.

This trip is only for members who are experienced in multi pitch abseiling.

Numbers will be limited depending on how many people who have 4wd’s are
able to come.
People with 4wd’s, who are willing to take others, will be given top
preference to join the trip.

4wd’s are needed to gain access to the carpark.

I will be bringing the rope but if you are able to bring an extra 60m 9mm
static rope please let me know as I want for us to carry extras for safety.

You will need to have a decent level of fitness as a 600m gain in elevation
is required to walk out back to the cars up a steep mountain track.

Please, sign up, only, after testing yourself by running continuously,
without resting, for 30 minutes. That is the minimum required fitness.

The items to bring are: Helmet, Harness, Descender, Carabiner, prussic or
some form of self-rescue equipment, Daypack, Thermals, wet weather gear,
cold weather clothing, Food, Water, Shoes with good grip such as Dunlop
Volleys, Head torch.

Everyone on the trip will be required to carry a rope at different stages
throughout the trip.

Also bring a spare change of clothes and shoes to be left in the car.

You can borrow equipment from the gear locker at the University. To obtain
the equipment for this trip if you don’t own any, log into SUBW's
website, and go to "walks programme", then, sign on to the trip, namely
"Gear Night Thursday”, then contact the gear officer with a list of
equipment you need.

Your name n telephone will be listed for the purpose of organising car
pool. Any objection please let me know.

More details after signing up. Thank you

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1150] trip