[SUBW] New trip: 8 day hiking in South Eastern Queensland (23/12/2017 - 01/12/2018)

Emilie Wilkie emilie.wilkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 16:24:38 AEDT 2017

*8 day hiking in South Eastern Queensland*

Date:23/12/2017 - 01/12/2018
Leader:Emilie Wilkie
Email:[LINK: mailto:emilie.wilkie at gmail.com?subject=8 day hiking in South
Eastern Queensland] emilie.wilkie at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1215
Hi All,

If you haven't settled on your adventure plans for the Christmas break yet
or if you are a small group, consider joining this trip!

The plan is to drive from Sydney to Mt Barney National park on Sat the 23nd
Dec and spend 8 days hiking in the region. The trip will involve exploring
beautiful swimming holes, such as the lower and upper portals, scrambling
up a number of peaks such as Mt Barney and Mt Ballow, traversing the jungle
and spending NYE on top of Mt Maroon. We'll drive back to Sydney on the 1st
of Jan.

Images and description of some tracks in the region that will be combined
can be found here:
https://www.aussiebushwalking.com/qld/mt-barney/

Fitness requirements for joining this trip are being able to carry all your
gear and 8 days worth of food, being able to hike off track and through
dense rainforest in some sections, ascending around 800m on some days and
doing distances of 10-15km in warmer temperatures.

If you are a smaller group and you'd like to join forces I'm interested in
hearing from you. Also feel free to get in touch if you are uncertain
whether this trip is suitable for you and I'm happy to discuss.

I have 2 spots available in my car.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1215] trip