[SUBW] New trip: Dates may be changed, again. 7 days fully lodging, and skiing, inside Alpine National Park, Victorian snow country, for $425 (09/09/2017 - 16/09/2017)

tony (tien) Le llt14 at live.com
Mon Jul 10 03:08:15 AEST 2017

Date:09/09/2017 - 16/09/2017
Leader:tony (tien) Le
Email:[LINK: mailto:llt14 at live.com?subject=Dates may be changed, again.  7
days fully lodging, and skiing, inside Alpine National Park, Victorian snow
country, for $425] llt14 at live.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1113
So, if you are interested, please, just contact me as soon as you can. The
sooner you have contacted me, the easier for all of us to organise.

Currently, I have had solid confirmation from 3 members, including myself,
who are aiming for the week11, which is from 9th to 16 September.

By Sat 15th July 2017, if we do not have enough 10, ten, members, we may
not pay and go on week11. Mostly, other weeks had been sold out.

Have you ever wanted to learn new skiing skills, or, to improve your
Nordic, or, cross country skiing?

For 7 continuous days, do you like the idea of living and skiing inside a
Victorian High Country, Alpine National Park (A.N.P), also surrounded
constantly by the snow?

If "yes", you should love this trip.

Mostly, this is a Nordic (cross country) skiing trip.

The accommodation is at Bogong Rover Chalet (B.R.C), 12km from Falls Creek,
a 2nd largest commercial ski resort in Victoria. Mount Bogong is the
highest mountain in Victoria.

This trip includes: 7 days skiing, accommodation, foods, beverages,
transportation from Tawonga to Falls Creek, then, 6 days later we will ski
from Fall Creek back to Tawonga, unlimited use of a dedicated ski tow at
the Chalet, ...etc.

>From the door steps of the Chalet, you will be able to: scurry out in
different directions, practice and learn more skiing skills, high up and
inside A.N.P.

It is run by highly skilled, helpful, locally knowledgeable and very
responsible Victorian Scouts Members, VSM. We should be safe with them, on
snow as well as off snow.

Daily, there will be different ski trips out to various places for
different skier’s levels. You also can learn new ski skills from VSM as
well, so there are opportunities for all levels, from beginner to advanced.

It is simply an awesome trip. Simply, it is the very interesting place to
spend time.

In other seasons, the area always has had abundant normal and weird
insects, flora and fauna.

Scenery are just stunning fluidly beautifully changes with weather and
time.

Everyone is required to help the organisers to carry extra fresh meats and
vegetable, of which were already paid by all of us, inside each of our
backpack, for all of us to consume in 7 days.

You will need to re-fresh, or acquire your skiing skills by August, as you
must be able to ski and carrying your backpack of about 10 to 12 kilograms,
from Falls Creek to the chalet, about 13km. Your pack will have some of the
foods that we all will share at the Chalet.

There are some strong members of our team, who can also help you to carry
some of your loads from your backpack.

At the BRC, since May 2017, There is a big groceries store room, which has
all other dried, canned, … etc foods.

The higher level of fitness is the better. In order to fully enjoy this
trip, at least, you must be able to run slowly, non stop, for 30 minutes on
dirt tracks.

There will also be some sharing of basic daily duties in the Chalet to keep
us clean and healthy.

At the top of the ski tow there are some areas for back country skiing.

Near the chalet, there are also some (ungroomed) areas for downhill skiing,
but mostly very steep, and more suitable for intermediate and advanced
skiers.

Optionally, you may ski back to Falls Creek, 12km, and buy a commercial
lift pass, and join in with other downhill tourist skiers.

You will have opportunities to learn/practice, daily, to make fresh breads,
pizzas, cakes and many other dishes, then bake, or cook them in a wood
fired, or gas ovens.

We are aiming to book and paid by 15th July, before week11 is sold out. The
sooner we pay the more secured spots we will get.

We should have an extra skiing weekend near Perisher in July, or August, if
possible, before committing ourself to this trip.

Please check out at website bogongroverchalet.org.au. Anyone is welcome to
join this trip.

I will send to you a link to photos of BRC and its scenery, including more
details after you have signed up. Cheers.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1113] trip