[SUBW] New trip: Donkey Mountain Overnight Camping Trip (19/08/2017 - 20/08/2017)

tony (tien) Le llt14 at live.com
Mon Jul 24 09:38:48 AEST 2017

*Donkey Mountain Overnight Camping Trip*

Date:19/08/2017 - 20/08/2017
Leader:tony (tien) Le
Email:[LINK: mailto:llt14 at live.com?subject=Donkey Mountain Overnight
Camping Trip] llt14 at live.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1120
For safety reasons, and the quality of the trip, this trip's itinerary is
weather dependant. So, the dates can be changed.

Andrew Walker is my co-leader, and, we have planned for it since last
month, but we could not make it. We will spend a weekend camping on top of
Donkey Mountain to have more time to relax and explore various features of
it.

Donkey Mt has beautiful refreshing views of Wolgan Valley, and amazing maze
of formation of rocky pagodas. At night, you may see stunning milky ways if
lucky. please bring a cameras.

There is no water on Donkey Mountain and each person must carry, at least,
4 litres of water.

Please, bring a small day pack if you can.

You should be fit to fully enjoy this trip, as we will be hiking up steep
mountainous tracks.

Please, please sign up, only, after testing yourself by running
continuously, slowly, without resting, for 30 minutes. That is the minimum
required fitness.

You have to obtain a rucksack of at least a 55 litre of volume/capacity, as
we will be carrying all our camping equipments, food & water in our
rucksacks, and, be comfortable walking up the mountain carrying the
rucksack weighing between 12kg to15kg.

Then we will set up camp on top of donkey mountain and explore the area.

Weather can change very quickly. So, please bring cold weather clothes,
which are made of: wool, polypropylene, spandex, nylon, polyester, ....etc.
Please, no cotton materials.

The items to bring are: helmet, head torche, cooking equipment, overnight
backpack, foods, minimum 4 litres of water, decent hiking or strong shoes,
shared tent, sleeping bag, air matt, warm clothes, waterproof jacket &
pants in case of unexpected showers.

You can borrow many gears for free. To obtain the gears/equipment for this
trip if you don’t own any, please, on every Thursday, log into SUBW's
website, and go to "walks programme", then, sign on to the trip, namely
"Gear Night Thursday....”, and contact the gear officer what gears you
want.

Your name n telephone will be listed for the purpose of organising car
pool. Any objection please let me know. People with 4wd cars, who are
willing to take others will be given top preference to join the trip.

More details after signing up. thank you

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1120] trip