[SUBW] New trip: Umina to Patonga beach walk - Sunday 6th August 2017 (06/08/2017)

Bruce Stafford bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 25 15:07:13 AEST 2017

*Umina to Patonga beach walk - Sunday 6th August 2017*

Date:06/08/2017
Leader:Bruce Stafford
Email:[LINK: mailto:bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au?subject=Umina to Patonga beach
walk - Sunday 6th August 2017] bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1124
Umina - Pearl Beach - Patonga Walk Sunday 6th August. A nice easy walk of
about 10km return and includes 2 beaches.

This is intended primarily as an easy introductory walk for new people
joining in 2nd Semester. I had hoped to have done Wentworth Falls National
Pass that day - but there is trackwork on the Western Line. Will do this
Blue Mountains walk later.

Train to Woy Woy Station then short bus ride to Mt Ettalong for the walk
start.
(You can drive up if you want - just let me know if you want to do that and
if you are wiling to give others a lift from Woy Woy Station - about a 15
minute drive to the walk start).

Safe swimming optional at south end of Pearl Beach on the way back if you
want (NO swimming at Patonga - estuarine sharks, or at north end of Pearl
Beach - dangerous location).
Walk is partly through Brisbane Water National Park. Will include Crommelin
Arboretum at Pearl Beach.

Sea Water temperature at present is almost 20 degrees C so if you are from
Northern Europe you will probably think swimming is OK at present.

What to bring:
At least 1.5 Litres water,
Lunch - although there is the option of buying a fish and chip lunch at
Patonga if you don't mind queuing at a popular shop for 15 minutes.
Good shoes, volleys are OK as are runners.
Sunscreen,
Swim Clothes and towel if you want to swim.

Weather forecast for Woy Woy so far indicates it should be an OK day.

Train fare is $2-60 return if you have an Opal card, and the $2-60 fare
will also include any bus fares.

Should be back in Sydney by 5.45pm. Maybe even earlier.

Meeting time and place will be advised to you once you sign up for the
walk. Members only, please.

Please note that smoking is not allowed on trains, nor in National Parks. I
also prefer that smokers not smoke throughout the whole walk. Pets not
allowed.

Only join up if you are quite sure you can come. We take a dim view of "no
shows".

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1124] trip