[SUBW] New trip: Narrowneck passes: Redledge Pass & Mitchels Creek (05/08/2017)

Konstantin Seiler list at kseiler.de
Mon Jul 31 17:51:35 AEST 2017

*Narrowneck passes: Redledge Pass & Mitchels Creek*

Date:05/08/2017
Leader:Konstantin Seiler
Email:[LINK: mailto:list at kseiler.de?subject=Narrowneck passes: Redledge
Pass & Mitchels Creek] list at kseiler.de
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1130
The cliffs of Narrowneck near Katoomba look impassable, but surprisingly,
there are a few passes that allow to go up and down through the cliff line.
This Saturday, we'll use two of them.

Starting from the locked gate near the Golden Staircase, we'll go down into
the Megalong Valley via Redledge Pass, an old miner's pass which traverses
a ledge in the cliffs to get down. We will then use Mitchels creek to get
back up to the top, a pass which is intrigues me due to a spike ladder in a
tree.

Most of the walk will be off track with a few rock scrambles in between.
Thus, this is an intermediate bushwalk for people with good fitness and a
sense of adventure. I've got a car and can give people a lift from the
city.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1130] trip