[SUBW] New trip: Point Cameron Overnight (24/06/2017 - 25/06/2017)

Michael Trent micktrent at live.com.au
Sun Jun 18 17:21:45 AEST 2017

*Point Cameron Overnight*

Date:24/06/2017 - 25/06/2017
Leader:Michael Trent
Email:[LINK: mailto:micktrent at live.com.au?subject=Point Cameron Overnight]
micktrent at live.com.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1096
This is a relatively easy walk to a beautiful location with great views of
Pantony's Crown, Donkey Mountain and the Wolgan Valley. There is a short
walk - about 5kms - to a camp site and plenty of things to explore and
Pagodas to climb.

This trip is open to everyone but you will need to have/arrange all the
gear you'll need for camping. I have some stuff people can borrow such as
backpacks, stoves, gas, cutlery, etc, so let me know if you need anything,
otherwise hit up Keena on Thursday in the gear locker. Just let her know
you're coming to borrow gear. You will need tent, sleeping bag, pillow,
sleeping mat, 3-4L of water for drinking and cooking, camera, stove, pot,
gas and a head torch with extra batteries. It may be very cold overnight so
bring a good jacket or two thick jumpers and a beanie.

We may or may not be able to get water there but bring enough for two days
in case the creek is dry.

I can take three people with me in my car. If driving let me know, you
don't really need a 4WD but the road is a little rough and rocky.

Leave Sydney 10am Saturday
Leave Newnes 10am Sunday.

We may have the option to run up Donkey Mountain if people want or do
another small hike somewhere.

Any questions just call or email
0431 006 920

Mick Trent