[SUBW] New trip: Expressions of Interest : Larkya Peak / Manaslu Trek, Nepal (25/11/2017 - 20/12/2017)

Christian Wilson christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jun 30 19:54:26 AEST 2017

*Expressions of Interest : Larkya Peak / Manaslu Trek, Nepal*

Date:25/11/2017 - 20/12/2017
Leader:Christian Wilson
Email:[LINK: mailto:christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au?subject=Expressions of
Interest : Larkya Peak / Manaslu Trek, Nepal]
christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1106
Expressions of Interest : DATES AND DETAILS YET TO BE CONFIRMED
Manaslu Trek + Larkya Peak (6249m) NEPAL
I'm planning a trip in Nepal at the end of the year, and my local guide (I
already know him well) has asked if I have any other interested people to
join the trip. So in the SUBW tradition, I'm putting it out there!

It's all still in the planning stages with nothing locked down yet so at
this stage, this is purely a call for expressions of interest!

The destination is the Manaslu region of Nepal that has only been really
open to Westerners since 2002 , and Larkya Peak, only recently added to
Nepals "trekking peaks" open for climbing. The term "trekking peak" is very
loose, these are serious peaks with all the risks and commitment of any
high mountain, so that element must be considered before deciding to join.

Preferably you will have done something like this before. Trekking in Nepal
usually means that porters, yaks, dzopkyo or ponies carry your duffel bag,
leaving you to enjoy trekking with just a daypack. Your food is prepared
and tents set up, although your help is always welcomed. At higher altitude
you may need to be able to carry loads to assist the team as a whole.

There also may be an option to do the trek only without the moutain climb.
My guide is very accommodating and I'm sure this option may be considered.
This trek is considered as technical one due to the high pass and mountain
climb, and so is not for beginners. If you are fit and have a sense of
adventure you will enjoy this trek.

The program is designed to acclimatize you gradually and not to experience
high altitude sickness (AMS) .

Manaslu trekking is geographically spectacular and culturally fascinating.
The Tibetans of the upper Budi Gandaki, a region known as Nupri, are direct
descendants of Tibetan immigrants. Their speech, dress and
customs are almost exclusively Tibetan and there is still continuous trade
between Nupri and Tibet. The mountain views in Nupri are sensational and
the Larkya pass (5,213m) is a dramatic Himalayan pass to cross. Trekking
will be through beautiful villages including Samagaon, Samdo as well as
Gandaki and Marsyangdi valley. Visits to ancient monasteries in Samagaon,
Larkya La bazaar, exploring around aqua-blue green Lake Birendra and
crossing the snow covered high pass Larkya La will all be highlights of
this trip.

Basic Details!
Trip Duration : 23 days
Walking days : 19 days
Walking : 5 / 6 hour per day
Min Altitude : 970m
Max Altitude : 6249m
Price Per Person : $ 2350 USD approximate NOT INCLUDING AIRFARES
to/from Kathmandu- depending on numbers this price may be lower.
There is some included accommodation in Kathmandu but plenty of choices
should you want to extend your stay.
Still with me?
Then email me for more info!
Christian Wilson