[SUBW] New trip: Bungonia Gorge circuit walk (04/11/2017)

Christian Wilson christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 12:17:57 AEDT 2017

*Bungonia Gorge circuit walk*

Date:04/11/2017
Leader:Christian Wilson
Email:[LINK: mailto:christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au?subject=Bungonia Gorge
circuit walk] christian.wilson at sydney.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1195
On Saturday 4th November 2017 I'll be going to Bungonia Gorge to do the
"Red" circuit walk. As I am taking my car I only have room for 3
passengers.

We can take more if someone else has a car (for a maximum of 8 for this
trip).
This trip suits beginners but you'll need good fitness as its a big climb
out!

The walk drops deep into the spectacular Bungonia Gorge, through the canyon
across huge boulders and then a massive climb back out. It involves a
descent and ascent of about 400m! It includes big canyon views, rock
scrambles and a usually dry river bed . It is not "canyoning" and does not
involve any ropes.
You'll need plenty of drinking water, your lunch, grippy shoes or boots and
a rain jacket as the forecast is for showers.

I will collect you at Campbelltown Station T2 line at 9am.
A train leaves Central at 07:54AM from Platform 23.
Please don't be late as we wont wait!!
I'll return you to the station on way home.
Share petrol costs (about $10 each).

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1195] trip