[SUBW] New trip: The annual Christmas Dinner Walk - Coxs River (16/12/2017 - 17/12/2017)

Ashley Burke ashley.eylenburg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:02:30 AEDT 2017

*The annual Christmas Dinner Walk - Coxs River*

Date:16/12/2017 - 17/12/2017
Leader:Ashley Burke
Email:[LINK: mailto:ashley.eylenburg at gmail.com?subject=The annual Christmas
Dinner Walk - Coxs River] ashley.eylenburg at gmail.com
Phone:
Trip
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1204
The "Christmas Dinner Walk" is an annual SUBW tradition dating back many
decades and has become one of the most popular events on the SUBW calendar.
Usually a large group of the wider SUBW community attend!

It's a weekend of relaxation and pre-Christmas socializing on the Coxs
River. The walk in takes only about an hour, which means there is no
problem loading up our packs with fine food and drink, plus lilos or other
watercraft for playing around in the nearby pools and rapids of the granite
gorge of this part of the Coxs River. On a hot summer’s afternoon this is
definitely the place to be. And after an afternoon at the riverside we
retire to the nearby campfire in the evening for pre-Christmas festivities.

Many people have done the trip before and know the way in and have their
own transport. These people can just turn up any time they like.

New members are also very welcome. For new members or anyone requiring
transport arrangements or anyone wanting to walk in with the main group
please sign up for the trip like any other SUBW trip and get in touch with
me regarding transport. I will organise cars and a group to walk in
together for anyone wanting to join the group.

It's also likely that many of us will do a canyon on the morning of
Saturday the 16th, then head down to the river in the afternoon. This
canyon is suitable for beginners and we will teach you how to abseil before
doing the one abseil required in this canyon.

We spend the night camping by the river, then head back out sometime on the
Sunday. Exit time is flexible.

Full details, equipment list and joining instructions will be emailed to
those who sign up for the trip on the SUBW website. Former members and
anyone coming independently can just turn up any time on the Saturday.

Please book in this SUBW event into your calendars! All are welcome.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1204] trip