[SUBW] New trip: Koombanda Canyon (25/11/2017)

Andrew John Walker lordawalker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:57:50 AEDT 2017

*Koombanda Canyon*

Date:25/11/2017
Leader:Andrew John Walker
Email:[LINK: mailto:lordawalker at gmail.com?subject=Koombanda Canyon]
lordawalker at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1205
“koombanda Canyon ”

Saturday 25th November 2017

Preference will be given to those who have cars who are willing to drive
others.

Numbers will be strictly limited depending on how many cars there are
coming as I can only fit 2 people in my car.

The trip is weather dependant and is subject to change for safety reasons.

There are swims in this canyon so you will need to know how to swim.

The essential items to bring are.

Wetsuit, Thermals, Harness, Helmet, Descender, Carabiner,
Gloves for abseiling such as gardening gloves, Daypack, Food, Water, wet
weather clothing, warm clothing, Shoes with good grip such as Dunlop
Volleys, Head torch, waterproof dry bag or used several garbage bags to
keep the contents of your pack dry as you will be swimming with your
backpack on.

Also bring a spare change of clothes and shoes to be left in the car.

Please don’t wear cotton material when doing a canyon trip as it isn’t
quick drying fabric and won’t keep you warm when the clothing is wet.

I can pick people up at Richmond Station.

You can borrow equipment from the gear locker at the University. To obtain
the equipment for this trip if you don’t own any, log into SUBW's
website, and go to "walks programme", then, sign on to the trip, namely
"Gear Night Thursday”, then contact the gear officer with a list of
equipment you need.

More details after signing up

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1205] trip