[SUBW] New trip: Canyoning Weekend - Glen Davis (08/12/2017 - 10/12/2017)

marty frappell martynfrappell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:05:49 AEDT 2017

*Canyoning Weekend - Glen Davis*

Date:08/12/2017 - 10/12/2017
Leader:marty frappell
Email:[LINK: mailto:martynfrappell at gmail.com?subject=Canyoning Weekend -
Glen Davis] martynfrappell at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1209
Paul and I are planning a weekend canyoning trip based at the beautiful
Coorongooba Campground near Glen Davis north of Lithgow.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/coorongooba-campground

Our plan is to drive up after work on Friday evening and set up a
comfortable car camp beside the river. We will head up to a fantastic long
scrambling canyon which would be suitable for anyone with intermediate
skills and canyoning experience on Saturday. This canyon should be a lot of
fun.

We plan to tackle a shorter, more challenging canyon on Sunday morning
before heading back to Sydney in the afternoon. This canyon will require
good scrambling and abseiling skills. You could come for either or both
canyons.

You will need your own camping and canyoning gear and some experience with
wet canyons. Wetsuits would be a good idea for Saturday.

We have a limited number of car spaces so transport should not be an issue.

Happy to share more details on the trip - just send me an email.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1209] trip