[SUBW] A dam important cause

Harry Burkitt harry at colongwilderness.org.au
Tue Nov 28 16:55:15 AEDT 2017

Dear Friends,

The NSW Government is pushing ahead with its plans to raise Warragamba Dam.
Raising the dam wall will inundate 65 kilometres of pristine wild rivers,
submerge 4,700 hectares of Blue Mountains' World Heritage listed national
parks and destroy dozens of Indigenous cultural sites.

The operators of Warragamba Dam, WaterNSW, are currently preparing an
environmental impact statement (EIS) on the dam wall raising. The EIS will
likely give support to flooding large areas of the Greater Blue Mountains
World Heritage Area - an unconscionable act.

We can stop this dam madness, but we need your help. Can you chip in
towards the campaign to make sure WaterNSW don't get their way? [1] All
donations over $2 are tax deductable.

Just recently the Blue Mountains Gazette published an article [2] with
ecology expert Roger Lembit weighing into the debate. Over 45 threatened
species will drown beneath the raised dam, including the rare Camden White
Gums. Experts are saying this project is a terrible idea, but the NSW
Government is still plowing ahead with its environmenally destructive plan.

Funds are urgently needed [3] to commission expert advice, produce high
quality media content, lobby politicians and spread the word in the
community. The stakes are far too high. We can't afford to be complacent -
not when the future of the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area is at stake.

Thank you for your support,

Harry Burkitt
 _Wild Rivers Campaign_ [4]

DONATE NOW [1]

-=-=-

The Colong Foundation for Wilderness
Suite 201, Level 2, 332 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

To stop receiving these emails, click here. [5]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.colongwilderness.org.au/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=547&qid=101365
[2] http://www.colongwilderness.org.au/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=556&qid=101365