[SUBW] New trip: Wondabyne to Woy Woy (07/10/2017)

Ashwin Ramesh ashwin2007ray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 14:18:38 AEDT 2017

*Wondabyne to Woy Woy*

Leader:Ashwin Ramesh
Email:[LINK: mailto:ashwin2007ray at gmail.com?subject=Wondabyne to Woy Woy]
ashwin2007ray at gmail.com
This walk starts at a small isolated train station, and takes in some great
scenery on the way to Woy Woy station. The walk gets most of the climbing
out of the way quickly. Once up on the main ridge there are great views
along the Hawkesbury River and Mooney Mooney creek. Highlights of the walk
include Kariong Brook Falls and Mt Wondabyne, the highest point in the
area. The walk does pass Woy Woy tip, and has a bit of a road slog at the
end, but overall is a lovely one way walk.

We'll take a train to Wondabyne and return by train from Woy Woy.

Distance: 16km
Time: 5 to 6 hours

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1173] trip