[SUBW] New trip: GLENBROOK GORGE: Glenbrook to Lapstone (14/10/2017)

Ashwin Ramesh ashwin2007ray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:42:44 AEDT 2017

*GLENBROOK GORGE: Glenbrook to Lapstone*

Date:14/10/2017
Leader:Ashwin Ramesh
Email:[LINK: mailto:ashwin2007ray at gmail.com?subject=GLENBROOK GORGE:
Glenbrook to Lapstone] ashwin2007ray at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1175
This is a short but challenging walk through the Glenbrook Gorge. The walk
would involve lots of scrambling over rock platforms and creek crossings
over mossy boulders. The gorge eventually opens to the Nepean River, and we
climb the slope to Lapstone station.
(https://www.beyondtracks.com/walks/blue-mountains-national-park/glenbrook-gorge-via-nepean-river/)

We'll try to do the optional sidetrack to Tunnel view and Mount portal
lookouts.

Difficulty: Hard (Not for first timers)
Distance: ~10km

Must have: 2L water, hiking shoes, rain cover, snacks, lunch.

We'll take the blue mountains line from Central to Glenbrook and return
from Lapstone.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1175] trip