[SUBW] New trip: Otford to Bundeena - The Coast Track (28/10/2017)

Megh Mankad mankad.megh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:37:17 AEDT 2017

*Otford to Bundeena - The Coast Track*

Date:28/10/2017
Leader:Megh Mankad
Email:[LINK: mailto:mankad.megh at gmail.com?subject=Otford to Bundeena - The
Coast Track] mankad.megh at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1189
The Coast Track is a 27km hike through the Royal National Park, just south
of Sydney.

Although many people do this walk over 2 days, we will be doing it all in 1
day. We plan to start very early on Saturday morning, leaving Central at
around 6:30am, so that we still have time to make stops along the way and
enjoy the coastal views. If you sign up to the trip, I will send you exact
details regarding departure time.

Beginners are welcome, but a reasonable level of fitness will be required,
as we have a lot of distance to cover! There will be a limit on attendees,
so please only sign up if you can definitely attend.

We will be taking the train from Central to Otford, where the walk begins.
We will finish the day in Bundeena, where we can take a ferry back to
Cronulla, and back to Central from there.

You will need to bring your own equipment (day pack, plenty of water, food)
and I'll email
people more details later on. Hiking boots are not essential, but are
recommended for this track.

Here are some photos and track notes for the walk:
http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/royal-national-park/coast-track-otford-to-bundeena.html

Cheers,
Megh

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1189] trip