[SUBW] New trip: Halloween walk: North Bondi-South Head & Camp Cove (30/10/2017)

Bruce Stafford bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
Mon Oct 23 23:07:01 AEDT 2017

*Halloween walk: North Bondi-South Head & Camp Cove*

Date:30/10/2017
Leader:Bruce Stafford
Email:[LINK: mailto:bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au?subject=Halloween walk: North
Bondi-South Head & Camp Cove] bstaffor at med.usyd.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1190
Halloween walk: North Bondi-South Head & Camp Cove.

It is not strictly on Halloween (All Hallows' Eve), which is October 31,
but is the most convenient evening closest to it.

This walk will be fairly similar to coastal walks that Eliza McNamara has
been doing (and she will be co-leading this walk). It will have a Halloween
theme so you can dress up for it!

The walk will start at Bondi Pavilion about 4.15pm and from there follow
the coast except where some road bashes can't be avoided, with is less than
a quarter of the distance.
It will also include the Secret Ghost Tramline Track!
Eliza also knows of other secret spooky spots!
We will be walking on the tracks at South Head and will have a great view
of the City lights by then, as it gets dark now about 7.30pm.
The walk will end at Camp Cove about 8.30pm and then you have the option of
getting a bus back to the City from Watsons Bay, or dinner at Doyle's
Seafood restaurant at Watson's Bay, then home.
Any gradients are only moderate.

What to bring:
- 1.5 Litres of water (surprisingly, between North Bondi and Watson's Bay
there are no shops along the way);
- Good shoes (volleys are OK),
_ a torch or headlamp (the sort you can get at KMart or BigW for $5),
- and some sort of rain cover just in case.

It will be weather-dependent and I will advise you in advance if the
forecast is for rain which might affect the walk.

I will advise you of the exact meeting place when you sign up.
SUBW/Subwoir Members only, please.

Enquiries to me (as above) or Eliza on successpass at gmail.com

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1190] trip