[SUBW] New trip: Valley of the Waters and Wentworth Falls loop (24/09/2017)

Martin Daly martin-daly at outlook.com
Thu Sep 21 16:52:54 AEST 2017

*Valley of the Waters and Wentworth Falls loop*

Date:24/09/2017
Leader:Martin Daly
Email:[LINK: mailto:martin-daly at outlook.com?subject=Valley of the Waters
and Wentworth Falls loop] martin-daly at outlook.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1165
[Apologies for the dual-posting of this walk... I entered the date wrong
first time around.]

This Sunday I'll be leading an easy day walk at Wentworth Falls in the Blue
Mountains.

We will catch the train up to Wentworth Falls station in the morning, walk
from there to West Street and take the nature track down to the Valley of
the Waters, down along Wentworth Pass, up to Wentworth Falls and back to
the station via the Darwin Track. If you're new to the Blue Mountains, I
find this to be one of the most beautiful easily accessible walks on offer.
The views and waterfalls are quite spectacular.

The walking is easy (mostly on tourist tracks) and suitable for beginners.
Note that the total length is around 14km and there are a lot of steep
steps. We should be finished by mid afternoon, so won't be too late getting
back to Sydney.

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1165] trip