[SUBW] New trip: Mt Kosciuszko Cross Country Trip (Intermediate) (21/10/2017 - 22/10/2017)

Rebecca Hawkins rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Sep 25 18:34:02 AEST 2017

*Mt Kosciuszko Cross Country Trip (Intermediate)*

Date:21/10/2017 - 22/10/2017
Leader:Rebecca Hawkins
Email:[LINK: mailto:rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au?subject=Mt Kosciuszko Cross
Country Trip (Intermediate)] rhaw1918 at uni.sydney.edu.au
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1168
I am running our final Cross Country skiing trip for the year. This is a
more advanced trip, so please only sign up if you have skied cross-country
before. I will be running it this time with Ralf Wilson, who has hiked the
route in snow before.

Please still sign up even if you are not sure that you may make it. Write
to us as much about yourself as possible, and we will sort the specifics
out later.

We are aiming to ski across the Main Range of Mt Kosciuszko, between
Thredbo and Charlotte Pass. Please see this link for a detailed
http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/kosciuszko-np-south/main-range-walk-charlotte-pass-to-mount-kosciuszko.html.

Camping will probably again be at Island Bend campsite, 7 hours from
Sydney, 10km from Perisher. If there would be no rain and winds of less
than 40km/h, it would be a very good spot for campfires and other normal
camping activities. We will not be camping on the snow (it is below the
snow line), but temperature at the campsite will still be ZERO to subzero.
We can camp next to the cars, and there will be toilets, but no showers and
little phone reception. Island Bend is near the top of the mountain ranges
with sheltered locations. But weather can change very quickly.

Transport: Depending on how many drivers we get, there will be cars
departing in the morning, afternoon and evening on FRIDAY September 8th.
The last car will leave Rockdale at 6PM. This is so we can start skiing at
7am on Saturday. Please let us know the absolute EARLIEST you can leave on
Friday. We will be departing Perisher at 3pm Sunday, arriving back in
Sydney around 10pm.

More details after sign up.

Cheers,
Rebecca Hawkins