[SUBW] New trip: Wotta Canyon (01/10/2017)

Andrew John Walker lordawalker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:48:39 AEST 2017

*Wotta Canyon*

Date:01/10/2017
Leader:Andrew John Walker
Email:[LINK: mailto:lordawalker at gmail.com?subject=Wotta Canyon]
lordawalker at gmail.com
website:https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1171
“Wotta Canyon ”

Sunday 1st October

Hi everyone,
This Sunday 1st October I plan on doing Wotta Canyon that is off the Bells
line of road.

The trip is weather dependant and is subject to change for safety reasons.

You will definitely get wet up to your waist and chest in some of the pools
so bring a wetsuit & thermals.

The essential items to bring are.

Wetsuit, Thermals, Harness, Helmet, Descender, Carabiner,
Gloves for abseiling such as gardening gloves to protect your hands from
rope burn, Daypack, Food, Water, wet weather clothing, warm clothing, Shoes
with good grip such as Dunlop Volleys, Head torch, waterproof dry bag or
used several garbage bags to keep the contents of your pack dry if it gets
wet in one of the pools of water.

Also bring a spare change of clothes and shoes to be left in the car.

Please don’t wear cotton material when doing a canyon trip as it isn’t
quick drying fabric and won’t keep you warm when the clothing is wet.

I can pick people up at Richmond Station.

You can borrow equipment from the gear locker at the University. To obtain
the equipment for this trip if you don’t own any, log into SUBW's
website, and go to "walks programme", then, sign on to the trip, namely
"Gear Night Thursday”, then contact the gear officer with a list of
equipment you need.

If you have any questions please email them thanks

Regards
Andrew

https://www.subw.org.au/members/tripDetailsPublic.php?tripid=1171] trip